Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Look out your window..

For my multiply users. Click here!


Hmm.. What shall I blog about today's posting? I know it has been like 24 days right after I post about my regrets, my past and other stuff but as much as I would like to do interesting post it just goes away and I'll be talking more on life, my life and future.



Irritating isn't it? I mean when sometimes you feel like it's a good thing to talk about and you have all the ideas and stuff but once you've reached home, it just went down the drain and you totally forgot about it. What I always have, Short Term Memory. Guess the older you get, the more forgetful you'll become but I believe in my case, distracted.



Well I guess I have no choice then, been thinking about this topic for a very long time. Well let's say it had been in my mind since the first time I started this blog. Well it's still going to be about life but this is pretty interesting to me though. Because as someone who always type his stuff, playing his game, chatting with friends and other duties as well on the computer, thinking about life have never been less interesting in my thoughts.



So before I start, let my ask you. Where is your computer located at? Living room? Bed room? Kitchen? Toilet?(I hope that's a water proof computer you're having) Well, where exactly it's being placed? On your bed? On the computer table? In the middle of the room? Still I guess the most important question of all, what floor are you staying on?



As for me, at my own home, my computer is in my dad's room and I stayed on the second floor just the room is on the third floor and it's placed right beside the window. Through the window I can see the next flats which shows the kitchen of the next flats and lots of time I could see the elderly either drying laundry or staring at the sky and I totally had no idea why.



Right now I'm staying with my sister and now I stay on the fourth floor and the computer is placed in the living room and again it's beside the window. Well this time it's a huge window and you can see a lot and again it's the kitchen I see but this time I can't really see if anyone is doing laundry. Yeah I know what you are thinking. Is
RedRulz fetish about who's doing the laundry or RedRulz must have been wanting to steal the undergarments? Right. You hit the jackpot. In HELL. No way. That's like eww..



So let's come to my point. About life. When the first time I saw the elderly doing the laundry it make me think, what happen to her son or daughter? How come no one is helping them? So I stop and think for the various reasons that could come up with. If I were to be optimistic they are at work. If I were to be pessimistic I would say they left them there alone after got married and better jobs. So then again even if they really at work, don't you feel that your parents should rest and not do too much household chores? I mean they have been taking care of you since you're a baby and now your a grown man and woman, don't you think you should do it yourself?



I mean pretty much, is that how you would expect them to do when they got older? What happen if there's accident while they were doing those chores? They aren't getting any stronger by the minute. Even if they say they are fine, at least help them or tell them you can manage to do it on your own. For goodness sake you're a grown person now. Well my point is that don't stressed up your parents doing those jobs anymore, it's just not fair especially when you're still young and can manage those jobs. Come on. It's your clothes your wearing, you should clean up your own mess not them.



Still laundry was not the only thing I thought about. As normal I would get, I always pun myself in their shoes. When I'm 50, will I be like them? Ok maybe not 50, like my parents both retired at the age of 60, so would I be like them? Cleaning up and be like a 'maid' for my kids when I'm not working? I mean by that age I won't be as strong as I used to be. Maybe lifting 10kgs of rice is no longer easy for me I might need to use a trolley, bending over to pick up something for the floor is no longer easy too as it could hurt my back. So then again, would that be a life I want to have while waiting for the angel of death to claim my soul? I don't think so.



I rather concentrate on my prayers 5 times a day, reciting the Quraan after each prayers and rest when I need to. Yep. No work. No household chores. Come on think about it. You've been living stressed up for the past let's say your peak period is about from 28 to 52 that's full 24 years of stressed level of working your ass off trying to get pay raise, take care of your babies, doing household chores, make sure you have food on the table and bills to pay not forgetting the debts you have to clear. Don't you think you deserve better living after that?



Just imagine right after you've reach the same age as your parents and before that you've never even done once in your life doing laundry and when your sons and daughters expect you to do it, now that is what I called karma. Yeah, people would say, don't be ridiculous, I won't be living that way, I'll hired a maid. Right, that is one of the way, if you have the money. What if by the time you retire the money you have is not even enough for the rest of your life and only God knows for how long more you're living?



See this is what I mean, as the technologies advances and more services could help our standard of living, we take simple things as doing our own household chores for granted knowing we could always hired someone to do it. Especially maids agencies nowadays is available almost anywhere. Especially at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre, right Ririn?



So who am I getting at? I'll spell out in caps and dashes, S-P-O-I-L-T-B-R-A-T. Kids nowadays don't do things by themselves lately. They go to school with their parents sent them to school carrying their bags. Best thing of all, they need air-cons not fans, they rather take the bus even it's just a 15 minutes walk, they rather eat in restaurant then eating at the hawker centre just because hawker centre doesn't provide air-con services.




How I wish that I could sent them off for a simple-life training. I guess then it would make myself at ease. Well seriously I'm not targeting at kids as in primary school students, but secondary and above. I know. If even by tertiary level and you still act like the world owes you, I'm so going to be a serial killer instantly. Kidding.


Even if you're not a kid anymore maybe a working person, have the courtesy of at least lighten their burden. You asked me? Well I'm blessed with good wealth that my family could afford maids but it wasn't to take care of my parents, well that's just too personal to talk about maybe as and when I feel or have the courage I could talk about it. Maybe. So how could you lighten their burden? Do your own laundry in the morning once you've awake if you can afford it, hire a maid. If you hired a maid, do treat them good. I'll talk about that matter some other time.



So I leave it to your thoughts about what you want to achieve when you've reach the age of 60. Me you ask, I've already said it but anyways, I've already said in the previous blog too.


"I don't want to live more than the age of 34. I have my reasons."



So if you want to think about life easily, place your computer beside the window and look outside of it. Definitely something will trigger you. If outside your windows are trees and more trees, gosh, are you living in the jungle? Haha. Well I'll talk about that some other time.




RedRulz.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is sooo true! My very own pet peeve sak, kids who think the world owes them everything.

The only thing I'm teaching my little brother now is to be polite and considerate...It's not as important if he's learning how to read slower, but he'd better not be rude. The spoilt-brattiness are starting really really young now...

Haiz, I'm going to be teaching this bunch of youngsters for the next 5 years lagi..wonder what I am going to do...