Thursday, December 6, 2007

Job For A Day..

Interested? Yes it's only a day! Well, a friend of mine ask me if I wanted to work for a day? And I was like, sounds good to me. So he send my an SMS saying this;



Thanks alot please come down on sat/sun 2pm to 5pm for interview #15-02/04 far east shopping ctr (next to liat towers) with valid Singapore passport photocopy only cause job is at the new terminal 3 changi airport, bring along many friends,family,uncles,aunties,boy/girl friends or anybody (more then 15 pax commission given), age 17 to 55 yrs. join the biggest get-together at T3 for a day only, time requred only 2.5 to 3.5 hours and get paid, sms yes u received msg.see you soon.job is only survey,filling form and act like a passenger on dec 13.




For a moment I was like not bad job. Survey, filling form and act like a passenger. Only one day job to get paid. Then again. This came into my mind when I read the message again;




Thanks alot please come down on sat/sun [weekends something smells fishy] 2pm to 5pm [why 2 to 5? late afternoon where people finishes work?] for interview #15-02/04 [Hmm.. isn't that an office? opens on weekends?] far east shopping ctr (next to liat towers) with valid Singapore passport photocopy [Now I feel like a foreigner plus maid applying a job] only cause job is at the new terminal 3 changi airport [wow this is great I'm working at T3], bring along many friends,family,uncles,aunties,boy/girl friends or anybody [an alien perhaps?] (more then 15 pax commission given) [commission given? what's this? SALES?], age 17 to 55 yrs. join the biggest get-together [ biggest get together? is this going to be in the guinness record book? I don't mind] at T3 for a day only, time requred only 2.5 to 3.5 hours and get paid [which other job can offer that?], sms yes u received msg [hmm? I should reply to my friend yes?].see you soon.job is only survey,filling form and act like a passenger on dec 13 [that's easy, but I still feels something fishy].



It looks great really but I just don't feel right about this. If they really want to make this the biggest get-together, why not put it in the papers or air it in the radio? Make the front page headline,"We Welcome You To Changi Airport Terminal 3 For The Biggest Get-Together On 13 December 2007 And You Will Get Paid!". Or maybe give a prize or door gift like,"First 1000 Gets Our Complete Set Of SIA Utensils. Next 2000 Get Our Very Own SIA Pillow And Blanket". Well you get the idea.



What else that make this doesn't feels right? Why pass the messages through SMS? It could be a prank or con artist and further more this is involving my International Passport. Who knows they need new numbers to make a fake of their own? These are like the little detail that really make you think again. Too many con artist happening in Singapore and it really doesn't hurt to take few precautions.



Bring 15 pax get commission? Sounds to me like a Multi Level Marketing to me. 1 person brings 15 person you'll get commission. Then each of the 15 brings 15 other person gets commission as well to the first person who brought the 15. Confusing? I know.. That's MLM to me.



So how do we know if this SMS is saying the truth? There's no way I can say it but I have to ask again the sender if it's true. Anyway still, it doesn't hurt to try either. So now with this blog I'm asking all the readers," Anyone free this Saturday and Sunday?" Haha!! Well if it's a fraud we all could have a Get-Together of our own. The bloggers. World Biggest Get-Together Bloggers. Haha!! Anyway if you all up for it, Tag me..



PS: Dil you know what? Ririn got DRUNK drinking Pokka Blueberry yesterday. Haha! Now that's a different story.




RedRulz.

No comments: