Monday, December 3, 2007

New Beginning Of An Ending

ORD.. Operational Ready Date. Mine was yesterday. Well if the date turns out 3rd December 2007 on my blog then it means yesterday. If not then I guess it would still be today. Well I'll only find that out once I post this entry.

What does ORD means to me? No more waking up early, no more training, no more outfield, no more cleaning of weapons, no more guard duty.. Well make it simple, no more doing things I'm forced to do.

In another perspective what does ORD means to me? Need a job, boring life again, getting fatter, no free food, water and electricity, no place to sleep.. Make things simple again, some how, I rather be in camp then home. Haha. Bet you all thinking I should have change my ORD with yours right? Haha.

So what I'm going to miss in the army? My friends. The people whom I grew up for one and a half years. The hardships we've been through. Taiwan and especially Brunei (forsaken place please never let me go there again for training). The fights. Not punching or smashing or smacking but war fights. Yes we know it's just a simulation but still knowing we are victory after all the fights, it really gives you the feeling of an achievement that you made through the war (yes a lot would say we are all actors but if you really think you can do it too, well be my guest in taking over my place).

What kind of memories you've attained in my army life? My BMTC times. Basic Military Training Centre School 1 Eagle Company. The company that dares the challenges that always befall upon us. A place where first strangers become good comrades and become a family. Well within 6 months we sure bonded well but after we were in different vocations, slowly we know lesser of each other. Then came 4SIR, another Eagle but this time it's a Battalion. Same spirit but different type of family. Survival is the key. Made lots of good friends and buddies and got a strong connections and I really survive the years. Training had never been easier in a Unit though but with all the encouragement and my strong will, I didn't give up. I carried on until my last day.

Which memories would you cherish most? All my outfield while training in 4SIR. Pasir Labar, Lim Chu Kang, Mandai, Brunei and Taiwan. Different places, different type of outfields and encounter different type of situations. Funny and sad all mixed together I'll never forget them. The blood that had spilled and sweat losses all was really to be remembered. Not forgetting having to sleep on a hard ground and sometimes wet freezing night but after all that we sure love our packets of maggie mee. Believe me it taste different in the jungle.

What is the most worst experience? Well night walks. Especially when you have to walk by the graveyards at 2 - 3 in the morning. Then go on bashing through the vegetation, walk on slippery grounds and deep swamps (well it was knee length). That is really tiresome. Still, the ultimate worst experience is Brunei. Hell no I want to go there again. The walks are a killer and not forgetting the weather there. Close to like Singapore but just that it's really humid. If you are ever lost in the jungle, pray you'll find someone else there or a nearby road. Brunei is really scary and it is really a place never to be underestimate.

What are the advice I would give for the recruit to be? If you planning to be a clerk, storeman and driver, you are really a shame to the world (unless you got no choice). If you planning to go into infantry, guards, commando, SISPEC or OCS, you have my respect and never give up. Not to forget, never look down on Combat Medics. Make sure you give them your full respect. The medics in the Medical Centre, case to case basis.

So did I enjoy my army life? Hmmm.. Tough one.. (*roll my eyes* stupid question) HELL YEAH I DID!! Overlooking the bad things that had happened and looking at the triumph that I've achieve, of course it was good experience. Not everyone can do what I've been through. I'm proud to be a soldier. In infantry. As a rifleman. A S.A.W. gunner.

So there you have it. My glimpse of my army life. May not be as colorful but still I just want to share my say. Like all other ORD personnel would say,

OH AR DEE Oh!!!

RedRulz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And like what any woman will throw to any NS personnel...

"APA MAU NS, BOOOIIIIII"

;p